Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hypertufa Planter ...

Has anyone tried making a hypertufa planter or trough? I just unmolded my first attempt and frankly I feel a bit proud. Mixing the cement, peat moss and perlite is a bit tiring but it was fun too.  I especially like the cost compared with buying something manufactured for retail sale. I'll also wait for warmer weather as playing with water in the fall is chilly.

On my 'To Do' list for the winter will be finding more items to use as molds. In the pictures below I used a plastic desk bin about 8' X 12' and 6 inches deep.  I love the way the mixture poked through the holes in the basket.

If you 've made something from hypertufa I'd love to see it. If you want to try it for yourself just google hypertufa to find many great resources.




No comments: