Monday, April 19, 2010

Beautiful Spring...

After a weekend of rain, today was chilly and partly sunny early in the day but sunny and warm later in the day. The sun was very welcome. It is Patriot's Day and the 114th running of the Boston Marathon was this morning. I would think the chill in the air with a slightly overcast sky made for ideal conditions.

No work today, so by 7:00 a.m. I was checking out of the grocery store and by 8:00 a.m. I was painting. Lately, all my spare time goes into some sort of creative endeavor.

This is the beginnings of a cover for a new art journal. The tulips were drawn onto an old page out of a crumbling paperback book; gesso the page, sketch and paint. Easy peasy. I like what I have so far and will add detail over the next few days.


No pics yet of the other paintings I am working on, so I thought some spring pics might be in order.

Thanks for visiting



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful new art journal Lois! Glad to see you are back to blogging this Spring!

Lis said...

Popping over from "Paris" course :)

Such lovely images of Spring and I got stalled staring and drooling at your ice cream cones! Excited to be in the course with you and to see you are back on board creating and blogging.

can i order a strawberry cone please? Fantastic paintings!

:) Lis